12 December 2018
Location: Armenia, countrywide
Event: As the holiday season approaches, the U.S. Embassy in Yerevan reminds U.S. citizens in Armenia to exercise vigilance and awareness of your surroundings. During this time, there may be an increase in robberies, pick-pocketing, purse snatching, and residential break-ins. There are also ongoing threats posed by transnational terrorist organizations and individuals inspired by extremist ideology throughout Europe. Extremists continue to focus on tourist locations such as shopping malls, airports, clubs, restaurants, places of worship, transportation hubs, and other soft targets frequented by Westerners.
Actions to Take:
- Exercise vigilance at holiday festivals and events, places of worship, and locations with large crowds.
- Review your personal security plans.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- U.S. Embassy Yerevan
(374-10) 49-45-85 (business hours)
(374-10) 49-44-44 (after hours)
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- For Travel Alerts and information about Armenia:https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/international-travel/International-Travel-Country-Information-Pages/Armenia.html (travel.state.gov)
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter