Event: Protests in Downtown Yerevan
The U.S. Embassy in Yerevan is aware of ongoing protests in downtown Yerevan (and other regions in Armenia) today and announced plans for more protests on April 17 causing roads and the surrounding areas to be congested. Due to the unpredictable nature of the protests, there could be a potential for violence. For your safety, avoid the areas directly affected by these protests and continue to monitor local media for further information.
We remind all U.S. citizens to review your personal security plans and remain aware of your surroundings. Please maintain a high level of vigilance and take appropriate steps to enhance your personal security.
- U.S. Embassy Yerevan, Armenia
+(374-10) 49-45-85 or for after-hour (374-10) 49-44-44
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Armenia Country Information
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook