Location: Announced gatherings throughout downtown Yerevan, Armenia.
Event: Demonstrations are continuing throughout downtown Yerevan, Armenia with no set end date. The groups are protesting the Armenian government. Recent protests have encountered a strong police/security force presence and detentions. Additional demonstrations in Gyumri, Vanadzor, Spitak, and Armavir are occurring. Roads and the surrounding areas are congested. Due to the unpredictable nature of the protests, there could be a potential for violence.
U.S. government personnel are advised to avoid these demonstrations.
Actions to Take:
- Avoid the areas of the demonstrations.
- Exercise caution if unexpectedly in the vicinity of large gatherings or protests.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- Keep a low profile.
- Notify friends and family of your safety.
+(374-10) 49-45-85 or for after-hour (374-10) 49-44-44
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Armenia Country Information
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook