- Downtown Yerevan
- Throughout Armenia
Event: Groups continue to protest Armenian election results. Police/security forces have detained individuals in the area of the protests. Protesters have blocked roads, including intrastate highways throughout Armenia, without notice. Widespread protests and massive road closures that have impacted the metro, railroad, and airport may continue.
U.S. government personnel are advised to avoid areas of demonstrations and postpone all unnecessary travel into or within Armenia due to the unpredictable road closures
The U.S. Embassy continues to be fully operational.
Actions to Take:
- Avoid the areas of the demonstrations.
- Exercise caution if unexpectedly in the vicinity of large gatherings or protests.
- Expect heavy police presence and significant congestion in an area surrounded by restaurants, shopping, and hotels.
- Check with the airport and airlines for potential delays
- Monitor local media for updates.
- Keep a low profile.
- Notify friends and family of your safety.
+(374-10) 49-45-85 or for after-hour (374-10) 49-44-44
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Armenia Country Information
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook