Demonstration Alert – U. S. Embassy Yerevan, Armenia (October 2, 2018)
Location: Downtown Yerevan
Event: Demonstrations are expected near the National Assembly through October 3. U.S. citizens are urged to avoid the area. Baghramyan Avenue in the area of the National Assembly is closed to traffic. It is likely that traffic disruptions will continue through Wednesday, October 3.
The Embassy is advising mission personnel to avoid the area this evening and tomorrow.
Actions to Take:
- Avoid the area.
- Avoid crowds.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- Monitor local news for updates
- Review your personal security plans.
- U.S. Embassy Yerevan, Armenia
+(374-10) 49-45-85 or for after-hour (374-10) 49-44-44 or
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Armenia Country Information
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook