SMALL GRANTS PROGRAM
The U.S. Embassy Yerevan Public Diplomacy Section (PDS) of the U.S. Department of State is pleased to announce that applications are being accepted for PDS Yerevan’s Small Grants Program. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and awarded pending funds availability. This is an Annual Program Statement, outlining our funding priorities, the strategic themes we focus on, and the procedures for submitting requests for funding. Projects must support the following priority goals:
- Reinforce U.S. – Armenian Shared Values, by funding proposals which: Promote U.S. culture, including music, dance, arts, film, sports, and education, and support human rights, social inclusion, entrepreneurship, youth outreach, and women’s empowerment.
- Advance Regional and Global Security, by funding proposals which: Promote reconciliation and lasting partnerships between the people of Armenia and Azerbaijan and/or Turkey, including plans for continued cooperation after the project ends.
- Develop Media Capacity and Expand English Language Opportunities, by funding proposals which: train journalists and advance the use of new media tools, as well as expand English language learning and training opportunities for journalists, students, and youth.
- Strengthen Democracy and Civil Society, by funding proposals which: encourage transparency and accountability in governance, foster civic engagement and reforms, and promote democracy, trade and investment, rule of law, civic education, and entrepreneurship. Most projects of this nature are funded under the Democracy Commission and Alumni Outreach Small Grant Programs.
The Public Diplomacy Section accepts proposals throughout the year that are reviewed pursuant to funding availability. To apply, see the instructions outlined in the Notice of Funding Opportunity.
AMBASSADOR’S FUND FOR CULTURAL PRESERVATION
The U.S. Ambassadors Fund for Cultural Preservation (AFCP) supports the preservation of cultural sites, cultural objects, and forms of traditional cultural expression in more than 100 developing countries around the world. AFCP-supported projects include the restoration of ancient and historic buildings, assessment and conservation of rare manuscripts and museum collections, preservation and protection of important archaeological sites, and the documentation of vanishing traditional craft techniques and indigenous languages. Funding opportunities are announced in the fall, and awards are announced in the summer. More information is available at https://am.usembassy.gov/cultural-preservation/.
The U.S. Alumni Outreach Small Grants Program aims to maintain contacts with alumni of exchange programs supported by the U.S. Government (USG) and to encourage networking among alumni and their colleagues in fields that promote democratic advancement, civic education, youth empowerment, and economic reform. Individual alumni of all USG-funded or USG-sponsored exchange programs (including programs supported by ECA, USAID and USDA), as well as Armenian-registered NGOs (non-profit, non-governmental organizations) that have alumni members are eligible to apply for funding. The deadline for the 2022 competition cycle is February 21, 2022. Click here for more information.
DEMOCRACY COMMISSION GRANTS
The Democracy Commission Small Grants Program supports initiatives that advance democracy, promote the respect for human rights, and support civic education in Armenia. Grants are primarily aimed towards local non-governmental organizations (NGOs), non-profit organizations, and local independent media outlets registered and performing in Armenia. The maximum grant award is $50,000, but smaller grants are preferred in order to support more projects. Grants are awarded on a competitive basis. The deadline for the 2022 competition cycle is February 21, 2022. Click here to apply.
Special consideration will be given to proposals that focus on one or more of the following:
- Develop independent, diverse, and pluralistic media in Armenia;
- Promote activities to engage youth audiences in the development of civic participation, political debate, and social responsibility in Armenia; and
- Support initiatives that enhance internet freedom and promote digital security skills