Health Alert – U.S. Embassy Yerevan, Armenia (August 7, 2020)
Event: The global outbreak of Coronavirus (COVID-19) is ongoing. The global public health threat posed by COVID-19 remains high, with more than 15 million reported cases worldwide.
The Department of State has rescinded the Global Travel Level Four Health Advisory.
The Department of State has issued a Level Three Travel Advisory for Armenia, advising U.S. citizens to reconsider travel to the country.
The government of Armenia has implemented enhanced screening and quarantine measures to reduce the spread of COVID-19. Travelers should be prepared for travel restrictions to be put into effect with little or no advance notice. Visit the website of www.moh.am for additional information on these new measures.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19 please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines or cruise lines regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions. Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Armenia.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the U.S.
- U.S. Embassy Yerevan, Armenia
(374-10) 49-45-85 (business hours)
(374-10) 49-44-44 (after hours)
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444