Starting January 22, 2022, as mandated by the Armenian Ministry of Health, customers of public food establishments, hotel facilities, gyms, visitors to libraries, museums, theaters, cinemas, and other cultural organizations can enter only if they present one of the following items:
- A certificate confirming a negative PCR test taken within 72 hours;
- A certificate confirming a negative COVID-19 rapid antigen detection test taken within 24 hours, pre-qualified by the World Health Organization, exported from the ARMED system;
- Either a vaccination certificate using the mobile application rapid response code (QR code) or a paper version issued from the mobile application.
The following people are exempt from this requirement:
- People under 18 years of age;
- Pregnant women who submit a medical document on pregnancy (in accordance with the requirements of Order No. 88-N of the Minister of Health of December 6, 2021,issued by the primary care physician);
- People who submit a medical document about a medical contraindication (according to the requirements of the order No. 88-N of the Minister of Health of December 6, 2021,issued by the primary health care doctor);
- People who submit a certificate issued by the Unified Electronic Health Information System ARMED confirming the first positive test result of the coronavirus (COVID-19) diagnosis within the previous 90 days.
This is a mandate from the Government of Armenia. Unfortunately, the U.S. Embassy in Yerevan is unable to answer questions related to this decree or its implementation. You can find the decree in Armenian here.