Location: Yerevan, Armenia
Event: Demonstrations are taking place in several locations across Yerevan, Armenia. Media report violence and damage to property. Please exercise caution when in Yerevan, as there is potential for protests to continue throughout the day.
As a reminder, do not travel to the Nagorno-Karabakh region. The U.S. Embassy in Armenia also urges U.S. citizens to exercise caution when traveling within Armenia. The U.S. Embassy continues to instruct Embassy employees and their families not to travel to the areas listed below and urges U.S. citizens to avoid travel to:
- Tavush province east of the M4 and M16 Highways north of the Dilijan National Park and up to the border with Georgia.
- Gegharkunik province east and south of Lake Sevan and east of the M10 Highway.
- All of Ararat, Vayots Dzor, and Syunik provinces.
The U.S. Embassy will continue to monitor the security situation and provide additional information as needed.
Actions to Take:
- Monitor local media for updates.
- Avoid crowds.
- Avoid demonstrations.
- Notify friends and family of your safety.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
U.S. Embassy Yerevan
(+374-10) 49-45-85 (business hours)
(+374-10) 464-700 (after hours)
1 American Avenue
Yerevan 0082, Republic of Armenia
For Travel Alerts and information about Armenia: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/international-travel/International-Travel-Country-Information-Pages/Armenia.html
State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444