Armenian authorities have received a bomb threat regarding VIM Airlines flight 558 from Yerevan to Moscow on the evening of Mar. 24, 2016. Authorities are taking appropriate measures to ensure the public’s safety. U.S. citizens with immediate travel plans are advised to continue to monitor media reports and the U.S. Embassy website.
Review your personal security plans, remain aware of your surroundings, including local events, monitor local news stations for updates. Maintain a high level of vigilance and take appropriate steps to enhance your personal security
For further information:
- See the State Department’s travel website for the Worldwide Caution, Travel Warnings, Travel Alerts, and the Country Specific Information for Yerevan.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Contact the U.S. Embassy in Armenia, located at 1 American Avenue, tel. 10-46-47-00 and fax 10-46-47-42. The Consular Section is open from 8:30 a.m. until 5:30 p.m., with time reserved for U. S. citizen services from 2:00 p.m. until 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, except for official U.S. Embassy holidays. For more information, see the Embassy’s website. For after-hour emergencies please call (374-10) 49-44-44.
- Call 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or 1-202-501-4444 from other countries from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook