The U.S. Embassy in Yerevan alerts U.S. citizens in Armenia that due to a possible protest march at 7 PM, there is a heavy police presence on Baghramyan Avenue north of the Opera House. Please avoid this area, as roads may be closed by the authorities.
The U.S. Embassy reminds U.S. citizens that even demonstrations intended to be peaceful can turn confrontational and escalate into violence. You should avoid areas of demonstrations, and exercise caution if in the vicinity of any large gatherings, protests, or demonstrations.
For further information:
- See the State Department’s travel website for the Worldwide Caution, Travel Warnings, Travel Alerts, and Armenia Country Specific Information.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Contact the U.S. Embassy in Yerevan, Armenia located at 1 American Avenue, 10-46-47-00, open between 9:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. Monday through Friday with time reserved for U. S. citizen services from 2:00 p.m. until 5:00 p.m. After-hours emergency number for U.S. citizens is + (374-10) 49-44-44.
- Call 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or 1-202-501-4444 from other countries from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.