The Consular Section of the U. S. Embassy in Yerevan provides a variety of services for U.S. citizens. There are two units in the Consular Section: the U.S. Citizen Services Section and the Visa Section. Please note that American Citizen Services appointments are NOT for visa-related questions or issues. Additionally, do not make an appointment at the Embassy for Social Security issues. All Social Security issues must now go directly though the Federal Benefit Unit in Athens.
All American Citizen Services visitors should schedule your appointment on-line.
You can contact the U.S. Citizen Services section via email at ACSYerevan@state.gov. You can also reach us by phone from 9am until noon on Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday. Our phone number is (+374) 10 49 45 85. If you are calling outside of these hours and it is not an emergency, please leave a voicemail and we will return your call within one business day. If you are an American citizen calling between 9am to 5pm on a business day and require immediate emergency assistance, please call +10 46 47 00. If you are an American Citizen requiring immediate emergency assistance after 5pm or on a weekend or holiday, please dial +10 49 44 44.
You are not allowed to enter the U.S. Embassy while carrying any of the following items:
- Battery-operated or electronic devices such as mobile phones, digital diaries, smart watches, pagers, cameras, audio/video cassettes, compact discs, MP3s, floppy disks, laptops, or portable music players
- Large shoulder bags/purses – only bags that can be carried by hand will be permitted
- Bags such as travel bags, backpacks, briefcases, suitcases, leather, cloth bags, and zip folders – you can only carry plastic bags containing application-related papers
- Food and liquid items
- Sealed envelopes or packages
- Cigarettes, cigars, match boxes, lighters
- Sharp objects such as scissors, pen knives or nail files
- Weapons or explosive materials of any kind
This list is not exhaustive. Other items may be prohibited at the discretion of security staff.
There is no facility at the U.S. Embassy to store prohibited items. You must make arrangements to store these items before entering. If you arrive at the Embassy with suitcases or travel bags, you will be turned away and required to make another appointment.
Due to security considerations, there is no information window for walk-in visitors at the U.S. Embassy. Only applicants with scheduled interviews will be admitted.