Due to the current situation related to COVID-19, American Citizen Services has been providing emergency services only since Monday, March 23, 2020. American Citizen Services visitors should schedule your appointment on-line.

**PLEASE NOTE that if you make an appointment on-line to discuss a visa matter, staff will not be able to assist you. All visa related inquiries or issues are handled via email only. If you have a visa-related question please send your inquires to (for Immigration Visas) and (for Non-immigrant Visas).**

U.S. citizen parents of children born in Armenia are encouraged to come to the Consular Section to determine whether the child is eligible for U.S. citizenship. Please contact the Consular Section as soon as possible after your child’s birth.

Presence of both parents and child at the Consular Section is mandatory.

In order to establish the child’s citizenship under the appropriate provision of U.S. law, the following documents must be submitted.

NOTE: Any supporting documents not in English must be submitted with a certified English translation.

  • Child’s original official birth certificate.
  • Evidence of the U.S. citizenship of the parent(s), such as an original birth certificate (or certified true copy), current U.S. passport or original certificate of naturalization.
  • Parents´ marriage certificate (if applicable).
  • Divorce certificate, if either parent has been divorced.
  • If only one parent is an American citizen, proof of American citizen parent´s physical presence in the U.S. The citizen parent must be able to furnish proof of 5 years´ residency in the United States prior to the child´s birth, at least two of which were after the age of 14. Proof may include original high school and college transcripts, and/or passport stamps showing prolonged periods of stay in the United States. Tax documents and pay stubs alone are not considered sufficient proof of physical presence in the United States.
  • If the child is born to a single mother, proof that the American citizen single mother has at least 1 year of continuous physical presence in the U.S.
  • Completed form DS-2029 Application for Consular Report of Birth Abroad.
  • Service fee of USD 100 in cash dollars or the equivalent in Armenian dram.

A Consular Report of Birth will be issued once the child has been documented as a U.S. citizen. This Report of Birth is evidence of the child’s U.S. citizenship and is used in lieu of a birth certificate in the U.S.