COVID-19 Website Notice – Embassy Yerevan
Last updated: October 5, 2022
The CDC’s Order requiring proof of vaccination for non-U.S. citizen nonimmigrants to travel to the United States is still in effect. For more information see Requirement for Proof of COVID-19 Vaccination for Air Passengers.
Check the CDC website for additional information and Frequently Asked Questions.
Entry and Exit Requirements:
- Are there COVID-related entry requirements for U.S. citizens? No
- Is a negative COVID-19 test (PCR and/or serology) required for entry? No
- Are health screening procedures in place at airports and other ports of entry? No
- For more information, please check the Government of Armenia’s webpage here: https://www.gov.am/en/covid-travel-restrictions/
- Are U.S. citizens required to quarantine? Yes, if they demonstrate symptoms or receive a positive COVID-19 test result. Additionally, individuals who receive COVID-19 tests upon arrival must self-quarantine or isolate until receiving test results.
- Vaccinated people who test positive for COVID-19 will be required to self-isolate for 7 days and unvaccinated people will have to self-isolate for 10 days after a positive PCR test result. This can be reduced to 7 days if a new PCR test returns a negative result.
- During the monitoring or quarantine period, health officials may check individuals’ conditions.
- Are PCR and/or antigen tests available for U.S. citizens in Armenia? Yes
- If so, are test results reliably available within 72 hours? Yes
- You can find more information on PCR testing and a list of COVID-19 testing laboratories at the Zvartnots International Airport website: http://www.zvartnots.aero/EN/News?ID=3156
- Testing labs will email a copy of the results, while a physical copy can be picked up from the lab.
- You can find additional information here: https://www.moh.am/#3/0
- The average cost of COVID-19 testing in Armenia is roughly 30 USD. Individuals seeking COVID-19 tests for air travel or other administrative reasons are responsible for the costs of the test. Individuals demonstrating COVID-like symptoms may be administered the test for medical reasons by a polyclinic or hospital.
COVID-19 Vaccine Information:
- Are vaccines available in Armenia for U.S. citizens to receive? Yes. Vaccines are available to the public in Armenia.
- Which vaccines are available in Armenia? Armenia has received some quantities of Sputnik V, Sinovac, and AstraZeneca, which are available to the public.
- Visit the FDA’s website to learn more about FDA-approved vaccines in the United States.
- Gov of Armenia: https://www.gov.am/en/
- Ministry of Health of Armenia: www.moh.am
- Armenian National Center for Disease Control: www.ncdc.am
- Ministry of Health hotline number (local dial only): 8003
- Special Commission Hotline: 8141
- Special Commission # for those living abroad: +374 11208141
- Armenia National Center for Disease Control hotline: +374 (0) 60 83 83 00 or +374 (0)10-550-601 or +374 (0)10-550-602
- Travel.state.gov Country Information on Armenia and Travel Advisory page.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest travel information.
- Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your specific travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit the WHO Health Page for more information about COVID-19. WHO Health Topics: Coronavirus.
Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions and entry procedures into the United States.