Emergency Financial Assistance

In an emergency situation, family or friends may send funds to a U.S. citizen through the U.S. Embassy using the Overseas Citizens Services office of the Department of State.

To learn more about sending money overseas to a U.S. Citizen in an emergency, visit http://travel.state.gov/content/passports/english/go.html.

A fee of USD 30 is charged for setting up and maintaining a trust account (for one year or less) in order to transfer funds to, or for the benefit of, an American in need in a foreign country.

For additional information, contact the Department of State´s Office of Overseas Citizen Services at (202) 647-5225, or the following Web site: http://travel.state.gov/content/passports/english/go.html.