All American Citizen Services visitors should schedule their appointments on-line. Please schedule your appointment on-line.
The processing time for new passports and renewals at U.S. Embassy Yerevan is approximately seven to ten business days. American citizens are encouraged to apply early for renewal of expiring passports.
Please complete but DO NOT SIGN your application forms in advance and bring them to the Consular Section on the day of your appointment. Application forms should only be signed at the Consular Section, in front of the adjudicating officer. Application forms are also available at the Consular Section and may be completed there.
Apply for a Passport
Passport applicants must bring the following:
- The applicant’s most recent passport.
- If a passport is lost or stolen, the applicant must bring a copy of the police report for a lost or stolen passport and also prepare a statement regarding a lost or stolen passport (DS-64) (PDF 46 KB).
- In the case of a first-time application, we require proof of citizenship such as an original birth certificate or original naturalization certificate.
- One 2″x 2″ (5×5 cm) passport photograph showing a front view of the applicant´s face against a light background.
- The appropriate fee, as listed below. The fee must be paid in cash at the Consular Section.
- USD 145 or the equivalent in Armenian dram for first-time adult applicants (16 years of age or older), and for cases in which the passport has been lost or stolen;
- USD 110 or the equivalent in Armenian dram for renewal of an adult passport;
- USD 115 or the equivalent in Armenian dram for children under 16 years of age.
- In the case of a first-time application or lost or stolen passport, we require proof of identity. Documents must show the applicant’s face clearly and full name, and may include an original driver’s license or other photo identification.
- Completed passport application form:
- The applicant’s appointment confirmation sheet.
Additional Requirements for Children under age 16:
- Both parents of a U.S. citizen child must consent to the issuance of a passport to a child under the age of 16, unless the signing parent has sole custody of the child. Parents with sole custody must submit the original court decree granting them sole custody or other documentation showing they are a single parent.
- Parents of children under age of 16 must accompany their child to the Consular Section for the application process. They must bring their passports or other proof of identity, as well as documentation showing that they are the child’s parents. If one parent is unable to attend, that parent must complete a statement of consent or special circumstances (DS-3053 (PDF 42 KB) for non-applying parent and/or DS-5525 (PDF 41 KB) for applying parent)
- Children under 16 must present a series of photographs showing how they have grown since their last passport application (photos will be returned to applicants).