Instructions for DS-82 Processing by Mail and Online Fee Payment
Step 1: SIGN and complete the DS-82 Passport Renewal Form. Type or print clearly in blank ink.
*NOTE: You must provide a Social Security number, if you been issued one. If you do not have a Social Security number, please click here.
Step 2: Obtain one WHITE background color passport photo 2” x 2” (5 x 5 cm) taken within the past 6 months; no eyeglasses. See more information on photo requirements.
Step 3: Include one photocopy (color or black and white) of the data page of your previous U.S. passport.
Step 4: Include the passport you are renewing in the package you mail to the Embassy.
Step 5: Name change documents (if applicable) (original + 1 photocopy)
If you would like to change the name on your new passport due to marriage, divorce, or court order, please include proof of your name change. Documents must be original with English translation if applicable (ex. Marriage certificate, Divorce Decree, Court Order)
Step 6: Pay the $130 passport application fee via the U.S. government’s secure payment site. After successfully paying the fee, you must print out the electronic payment confirmation you receive via email and include it in the package you send to the embassy/consulate.
Step 7: Mail or drop off your passport renewal application.
- Obtain a pre-paid, self-addressed envelope with the complete address to which you want your new passport (and old passport) sent within Armenia.
- Mail all the items listed above – including the pre-paid, self-addressed envelope that will be used to mail your new and old passport to you – to the U.S. Embassy in Yerevan. IMPORTANT: Be sure to include a return address on the package you mail to the Embassy! Envelopes without a return address will be rejected for security reasons]. You are strongly encouraged to send your DS-82 passport renewal package via registered mail. Send your package to this mailing address:
U.S. Embassy Armenia
Attn: Consular – American Citizen Services
1 American Avenue
Yerevan 0082, Republic of Armenia
NOTE: You must use DHL service only
Drop Off Instructions
Bring all the items listed above in an open/unsealed envelope to the U.S. Embassy in Yerevan on Fridays between 9 am –12 pm. You do not need an appointment to appear to drop off your completed passport renewal package. We are unable to accommodate drop off’s on days the Embassy is closed – weekends or Armenian or U.S. holidays.
Upon arrival at the Embassy inform the guard that you are a U.S. citizen and wish to drop off your passport renewal package.
You will go through security screening, after which a member of American Citizen Services team will accept your application package.
If you want your new passport (and old passport) mailed back to you once received by our office, you must also include a pre-paid, self-addressed envelope to the address where you want your new passport (and old passport) mailed back to you within Armenia. If you want to pick up your new passport from our office, this section does not apply to you.
Step 8: You will receive an e-mail confirmation once your new passport has arrived at the U.S. Embassy in Yerevan. If you asked us to mail your new passport back to you, we will put your new and old passport in the local mail for delivery using your pre-paid, self-addressed envelope. If you did not provide a pre-paid, self-addressed envelope the e-mail you receive will provide instructions on how and when you can collect your new passport from the U.S. Embassy in Yerevan. Passport processing takes approximately four weeks.
Instructions for DS-82 Submission in Person at the U.S. Embassy in Yerevan:
Step 1: The U.S. Embassy in Yerevan accepts DS-82 applications on Fridays from 9 am-12 pm (excluding Armenian, U.S. holidays and Admin days. Click here for more information.)
Step 2: Bring the following documents with you on the day of your appointment:
- Your passport that you are renewing
- Passport application form DS-82 (PDF 90 KB). Please complete the entire form by typing or printing clearly in black ink. Be sure to sign and date the form where stated.
- One color passport photo 2” x 2” (5 x 5 cm) taken within the past 6 months; full face, frontal view against a plain white or off-white background. Learn about U.S. photo requirements.
- One copy of the data page of your previous U.S. passport
- Cash – Armenian Dram or U.S. dollars, or the confirmation of payment made here.
Step 3: You will receive an e-mail confirmation once your new passport has arrived at the U.S. Embassy in Yerevan. If you provided us a pre-paid, self-addressed envelope during your appointment we will send your passport back to you by mail. Otherwise, the e-mail you receive will provide instructions on how and when you can collect your new passport from the embassy. Passport processing takes approximately four weeks.
To be eligible for this service, you must meet these criteria:
- Your current passport was issued when you were age 16 and older.
- Your current passport was issued in the last 15 years.
- Your current passport must be in your possession (not lost or stolen).
- Your current passport must be undamaged (other than normal wear and tear).
- Your current passport was issued in your name, or you can provide documents to support a name change.
If you DO NOT meet the above criteria, please make an appointment online. Please note that families with minors renewing passports with DS-11 forms MUST make appointments online through the scheduling system here. This application requires both parents and the minor child to be present at the interview.