The Language Center of the US Embassy in Yerevan is seeking an experienced and highly qualified Farsi Language Specialist to teach language classes to adult learners in person. This is a part-time contract position.
The appliciants should have Armenian Citizenship.
Open Period: 06/15/2023 – 06/30/2023
Appointment Type: Permanent
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Delivering foreign language training to adult language learners
- Tailoring approach to student learning styles and strategies
- Working as part of a teaching team
- Supplementing instruction with contemporary authentic material
- Using basic classroom technology, including audio/video components and computer applications like Microsoft Office
- Delivering instruction via interactive synchronous and asynchronous learning activities
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Native capability in Farsi and at least level 3 proficiency in English
- 4 years of experience teaching adult language education and methodology
- 3 years of experience preparing and presenting face-to-face language instruction within a formal language environment
- 1 year of experience finding and using authentic materials to support learning objectives
- Bachelor’s Degree
The following qualifications would be nice to have:
Experience teaching translation, grammar, listening and reading comprehension, speaking, writing.
The compensation range for this position is $15-$20 per hour, the payment depends on on the quantity of classes.
If you are interested in this opportunity and meet the qualifications, please apply by submitting your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applicaints who are selected for an interview will be contacted via email.